3.07.2020

Metro Challenge 3. Sant'Ambrogio

I managed to keep the Metro Challenge going for a second week in a row. One of the new teachers at my school mentioned the Old Fox pub so I looked it up and that's how I decided my second station, Sant'Ambrogio. Like last week, I drew a circle around the station. The first circle seemed too big an area, so I drew a second, smaller circle.

It was a hazy day with overcast cloud coverage. I took public transportation to Sant'Ambrogio station, but not the metro. I took the 94 bus (Porta Volta-Minghetti). It was so easy! Now I know a fast and easy way to get to the Colonne di San Lorenzo.

The first street I explored is Via Edmondo de Amicis. I spotted a store called Rebus that I wanted to check out. I'm glad I did. They have globe lights, hanging hot air balloons, black board stickers, and baby stuff. Another nice looking wedding registry store on Via de Amicis, Ameleto Missaglia. There is also a temporary exposition space at number 53. Other notable locations along Via de Amicis are: focaccieria Sapurì, Sardo seafood restaurant Vento di Sardegna, kitchen supply store Kitchen, Hotel Pierre Milano, Japanese restaurant Tokyo Fish, and cocktail bar Wave.

Turning onto Via Cesare Correnti, the first thing you see in Piazza della Resistenza Partigiana is the statue of Cesare Correnti. Correnti was an Italian revolutionary and politician. Also along Via Correnti is Barbour and Pizzeria Naturale. I found an extremely unique jewellery store on Via Caminadella called Pilgio. A diamond ring caught my eye!

Getting deeper into the neighbourhood, I turned down Via Orazio and walked past the Liceo Ginnasio Alessandro Manzoni. When I turned down Via Francesco Novati I realized I was in the 5 Vie area. Back on Via Caminadella, I happened upon another unique store, Crossover Basket, a basketball speciality shop. This led me to Via Lanzone. This is where I discovered the very clever Milano Home Scouting and Idea 4 Mi.

I continued walking past Piazzetta San Josemaria Escriva to Via San Pio V. The area along Via San Pio V is a beautiful gated community. Number 12 was exceptionally beautiful because of the glass windows and lush plants growing all over. As I walked along Via Lodovico Necchi, into the heart of Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, I realized how many students were walking around. The campus along Via Santa Valeria, Largo Fra Agostino Gemelli, and Piazza Sant Ambrogio is absolutely stunning and extremely clean. It has a scholarly feel. There is also an impressive Temple of Victory to commemorate Milan's war dead in Largo Caduti Milanesi Per La Patria.

Just around the corner is the Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio. There was a wedding happening as I walked into the piazza. I went to check out the basilica and recognized the former business manager from my school. He started a wine garden with two business partners attached to the basilica. It's called Milano Wine Garden. They do aperitivo, dinner, wine tasting, and other special events. They also sell wine. But it is only temporary, until September 20th. L and I are going to try dinner there this Friday. The manager told me to check out San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore church. Maybe that will be my Metro Challenge destination next week!

As I walked west on Via San Vittore, past California Bakery, a Del Monte promoter handed me a banana! 

No comments:

Post a Comment