7.13.2013

Happy birthday, LL!

Sunset in Ibiza

Yesterday was LL's 31st birthday. I am not always around for his birthday because it's in July and I'm usually travelling. Two years ago, my best friend and I took a trip to Spain and Portugal. We planned to be in Ibiza the same weekend as LL's birthday so he and his best friend could come meet us. We soaked up the sun on the beach and ate fresh, delicious food during the day and then partied all night long.


Dinner on the ATMosfera Restaurant Tram
This year, to top past celebrations, I surprised LL with dinner on the ATMosfera Restaurant Tram! I told him to meet me by the Duomo at 19:45 sharp. I almost blew my cover with the strict time constraint, but I think he was still a little surprised. The tram does a 2 1/4 hour tour of the central and historical parts of Milan. We ordered the meat based menu and thoroughly enjoyed the dinner. The tram conductor, chef, and waiter were all very friendly and the service was great. There were other couples on the tram celebrating different occasions. One girl even shared her birthday cake with everyone on the tram. It was fun to track our route while enjoying the dinner, wine, and each other's company.


The Birthday Boy

A birthday wouldn't be complete without presents. In the morning, LL called me sounding like a giddy child on Christmas. He had just received a GoPro camera mount in the mail from my family in Canada. I think I actually prefer giving gifts more than receiving them. I take pride in finding the perfect gift for someone. This year I gave LL a rack for his collection of sunglasses and a set of Tattly temporary tattoos, including these totally gangster knuckle tatts. I'm always on LL's case about dental hygiene. I don't floss everyday, but I definitely floss regularly. He, on the other hand, does not. So I threw in these easy-flossers for fun! 

After orchestrating a birthday like this, I am confident that I have secured the girlfriend-of-the-year award, at least in LL's eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment